One of our lovely clients has been at it again with a wonderful Kong recipe for the summer months. Take it away Jeremy:
Out of all the seasons summer is the one I love the most. On a sunny day nothing beats getting a gaggle of friends together (both two and four legged) for some al fresco dining. Bobbie, my Rottweiler puppy, has been enjoying some summer food and I wanted to share with you one of her favourite recipes.
Tuna Niçoise Salad
1 x can of tuna chunks in spring water
1 x egg
1 x sweet gem lettuce
1 x handful of fresh spinach
15 x fine green beans
1 x handful of dog biscuits
1 x tbsp. honey
1. Place the egg in a pan of boiling water for 9 minutes until it is hard-boiled.
2. Trim the end off the sweet gem lettuce and separate and wash the leaves.
4. Finely chop the lettuce, beans and spinach and place in a bowl.
6. Once the egg is boiled, peel and roughly chop and add to the bowl.
8. Put the honey in a dish and add 3 tablespoons of warm water and stir.
3. Wash the fine beans and spinach and add to the lettuce.
5. Drain the tuna and add to the chopped greens in the bowl.
7. Break up the dog biscuits and add to the bowl.
9. Pour the honey mixture over the mixture in the bowl and combine thoroughly.
10. Once you have completed the mixture then use
it to fill your dogs favourite Kongs.
This recipe makes enough to fill
2 – 3 Kongs.
Once you have filled them then you can either refrigerate or freeze until you're ready to use them
I found that giving Bobbie a frozen one of these helped relieve some of the pain she had when teething and was also definitely worth the wait during these long hot summer days.