- Dog owners are less likely to suffer from depression than those without pets
- Dog walking increases social interaction. You’ll make new friends in your neighbourhood
- Heart attack patients with dogs survive longer than those without.
- Dog owners generally have a more robust immune system. In fact, dog owners visit the doctor less frequently and are less likely to be on medication
- Dog owners generally have lower blood pressure and cholesterol than non-dog owners
- Pet-owning children have fewer days off school due to sickness
- Playing with a dog can elevate levels of serotonin and dopamine, which calm and relax
Think carefully before getting a dog, it is a huge commitment, but well worth it. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss potential dog ownership.